What’s trending on Mother Nature Network today? Take a look!
What news is trending on MNN today? Take a look!
- Dogs befriend cheetahs to aid cats’ survival
- The 5 best snacks for grown-ups
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Lone seal pup found wandering in a forest, miles from the sea
- World’s largest indoor vertical farm opens in Chicago
Here are the top stories that MNN readers are clicking on today:
Want to see the latest environmental headlines from your state? Check out MNN’s State Reports where you can learn about local environmental happenings, natural resources, green businesses, local foods and even farmers markets in your town.
Are we missing a big environmental story from your community? Why not write it yourself? Does your town have an amazing vegan restaurant? Write a review! Become a local correspondent and join a team of passionate writers who are reporting and blogging about green issues in their hometowns.
One of the most vibrant areas of Mother Nature Network is the comments that follow many of our articles. We work hard at creating a space where followers of Mother Nature can exchange intelligent and lively commentary with each other. We’ve just upgraded our commenting feature, so if you’d like to jump into the discussions with us, here’s what you need to know:
• You can post comments either under a one-time guest name (you choose a name when you post) or by logging-in and using your MNN user or Facebook name. The big advantage of logging in is that you earn points via Worldshares and can then donate those points to your favorite nonprofits. In addition, links to all of your logged-in comments appear in your personal profile and you can access them at any time.
• If you’ve commented on a specific article and would now like to follow the conversation, just click the box that reads “subscribe to this conversation” at the bottom of the page. We’ll send you an email whenever someone replies to your post. (To stop the alerts, click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email).
• Admire another reader’s comments? Just click the “like” button to give your approval.
• We don’t edit comments because of personal beliefs or outlooks. However, we do delete comments that contain profanity, personal attacks, commercial come-ons and other posts that simply make our users uncomfortable.
• Did you post a great comment but don’t see it on the site? We have a very enthusiastic spam filter and it sometimes makes a misstep. Write us at email@example.com and we’ll correct the error right away.
Have additional questions? We’d love to hear them. Write us at Contact@mnn.com and we’ll talk.
Mother Nature. Delivered.
MNN’s newsletters bring you the biggest environmental headlines alongside unconventional and lively green content, and you can even customize the type of news you want and how often you get it!
- The Daily Briefing will provide you with the latest environmental news and highlight MNN’s best offerings each morning.
- MNN’s weekly newsletter offers coverage on everything from green tech and seasonal recipes to health news and sustainable living.
- You can also get news alerts on all of your favorite green topics, including eco-Hollywood, food and recipes, and even Captain Planet himself.
Sign up today and get some green in your inbox!
Can’t get enough of Mother Nature Network? In addition to getting the latest environmental news and tips on how to improve your world on our website, you can also find us in these locations:
Facebook: “Like” Mother Nature and not only will you be able to participate in discussions with other nature-loving fans, but you’ll also be eligible for a variety of fabulous green giveaways.
Twitter: Follow us for a fresh take on green news, and be sure to @reply to us. We love hearing from users!
Tumblr: You can follow us here for a variety of posts — breaking news, green living tips, and lots of adorable animal photos!
MNN Editors’ Blog: Be sure to check out our Editor’s Blog where you can get a behind-the-scenes look at what’s happening in our Atlanta office. Learn about new site features, find out when we’re hiring and see who baked cupcakes!
Amplify: We highlight MNN’s top stories and best environmental photos here. Don’t miss it!